With sous vide, the hassle of cheesecake is no more! The precisely controlled water bath handles the tough task and the result is rich and velvety. This recipe has a low carb and a sugar option so everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients for 16
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature (4 – 8 ounce blocks)
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (Splenda, Swerve, etc) or sugar if not low carb
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1. Preheat Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 174°F / 78.9°C. Spray 16 125ml (1/2 cup) mason jars lightly with nonstick spray
- Step 2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar substitute, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla, lemon juice and rind.
- Step 3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt.
- Step 4. Divide batter evenly among 16 jars, filling each not quite to the top. Place lids on FINGER TIGHT! No more than finger tight to slow air to escape and prevent cracking.
- Step 5. Place filled jars in a shallow pan or tub with wam water half way up the jar to temper them. Let sit 5 minutes and then carefully place in heated water. Cook sous vide for 90 minutes.
- Step 6. Remove when done and let cool at room temperature until you can handle the jars easily. Tighten lids and place in the fridge. Will keep up to 3 weeks.
Preheat oven to 325F. Spray silicone muffin pans lightly with cooking spray. Bake 35 minutes and allow to cool completely before removing cheesecakes from pan. Place in an air tight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.